Once you’ve found a sustainable venue, you may like to ensure other aspects of your event are sustainable. This page will link you to ideas, and suppliers who support event organisers that want to have fabulous, low foot print events.
Remember, we don’t operate or represent any of these organisations and make no guarantee about quality, service or sustainability. We simply provide this information in good faith, as a starting point, but you need to do your own due diligence with all options and make an informed decision. If you would like to suggest a service or supplier to be added to this guide, or suggest a change please contact us.
Environmentally Sustainable Event Guides and Tips
Biodegradable Food Containers
- BioPak – Supplies sustainable, bio-based, biodegradable, plastics, baking materials and decorations. Products include edible flowers, cello bags, baking and gift boxes and tableware.
- Green Pack – Supplies hospitality, catering and event use products. All packaging are from renewable and sustainable sources that is fully biodegradable and compostable.
- Visy Closed Loop – Supplies packaging that is 100% recyclable. Products include takeaway food packing, coffee cups, plastic cups, sandwich containers, cutlery packs, serviettes, plates and bowls.
- Fremantle Packaging Supplies – Perth-based supplier. Supplies eco-friendly disposable containers and hygienic supplies. Product ranging from catering industry to party supplies and cooking and banking products.
- Envirochoice – Envirochoice supplied by FPA Australia supplies a range of single-use foodservice packaging products made from natural materials. Envirochoice’s environmental ranges include biodegradable packaging, compostable packaging, renewable packaging, degradable packaging and recycled packaging. Products include cups and lids, containers, plates and trays, napkins and trays and bags and bin liners.
- Vegware – Supplies catering disposables are low carbon, made from renewable or recycled materials and can all be composted with food waste. All products are made from plants. You may order a free sample pack to try before ordering.
- Environmental Enterprises – Family owned packaging company that supplies biodegradable food packaging supplies and compostable catering products. Products range from sugarcane products, PLA food containers, CPLA cutleries, compostable bags and natureflex bags.
- Eco Food Packaging – Supplies biodegradable and compostable items that are made from natural materials. Products ranges from gift boxes to crockery, tableware, cutlery and cookware.
- PAC Trading – Supplies biodegradable, compostable, greenmark eco and standard products.
- Party Source – Supplies biodegradable and eco-friendly in Perth.
- Eco Mate Tableware
- Going Green Solutions
Carbon Offset Services
** Produce less waste and use more renewable energy during events, once reduction reaches its limit, carbon offsets would make up for the rest. It is a form of trade where you buy offset to neutralise the carbon emission made. Consider making your event carbon neutral by using an offset service.
- Carbon Neutral – Carbon Neutral is a carbon solution provider and Australia’s major biodiverse reforestation offset developer. Services ranges from advisory, caron reduction, plant-a-tree and carbon offset. Carbon Neutral’s project focuses on Yarra Yarra Biodiversity Corridor in WA, they also source international offsets. All projects are in compliance to Kyoto Protocol Mechanism.
- Carbon Offset Guide – Guide released by Carbon Reduction Institute on carbon offsetting. It provides a guide to companies and individual to invest on environmental projects to offset carbon footprint.
- C02 Australia – CO2 Australia is an environmental consultancy company to provide environmental solutions to minimise environmental impacts.
- Green Fleet – Carbon offset provider restores forests around Australia and offset carbon emissions on-behalf of organisations and individuals from Australia and New Zealand.
Education and Training
- Nearer to Nature: Developed by the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions. Nature-based activities in and around Perth and the south-west. It provides the community with unique enjoyable activities and raise environmental awareness. Customisation of activities are available for school, holidays and the general public.
- Living Smart Courses and Events: A not-for-profit organisation that conducts sustainable courses over 68 weeks on living smarter, healthier and sustainable.
- WACOSS Services: offer affordable award winning training and consulting programs designed to build and strengthen the capacity of the community sector
- The One World Centre: Education and learning resource centre focused on global issues in areas of social justice, human rights, sustainable lifestyle and cultural diversity.
- REmida: Provides a creative workshop experiences on raising awareness about sustainability and valuing waste.
- Animal Ark: Wildlife education and training.
- Games We Play: Game consultancy that uses games and play to increase competitive advantage and encourage creativity and innovation amongst staff.
- Environment House:
Activities and Entertainment
- Perth City Farm
- Yirra Yarkin: Aboriginal Theatre Performances
- Bibbulmun Track: Walking Tour or event
- The Eco-Faeries: “Through conscious community events, environmental education and creative entertainment we inspire a greener, healthier and positive action based lifestyle.” Services for adults and children.
- Captain Clean Up: Eco performances, focused on recycling and waste management
- Spirit of the Streets Choir: Uplifting performances from homeless and disadvantaged people
- Working Voices Choir: Songs of working life, social justice, freedom from oppression, peace, reconciliation and harmony with our environment.
- The Sambanistas: A non-profit, high impact drumming and dance troupe ready to set your event alight!
- Junkadelic: Junk reinvented as instruments for amazing performances and workshops
- Claire’s Creative Arts: Art workshops. henna tattoos and body art for events
General Event Management
- WACOSS offers affordable, one day training courses in Event Management along with other relevant skills like marketing, grant writing, risk management etc.
Event Planning Guides
Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor to apply for a Liquor licence: www.rgl.wa.gov.au
Free event templates
Law and Regulations
City of Joondalup Event Package: heaps of great info, even if your event is elsewhere.
Community legal centre specialising in the arts – great for advice on contracts and cultural events.
Local Community Insurance: a specialist insurance provider established to manage the insurance needs of clubs and community groups within Australia
This document has been edited with the instant web content composer. The online instant HTML converter make a great resource that will help you a lot in your work. Save this link or add it to your bookmarks.
- Source Foods
A highgate cafe specialising in eco-catering, including organic, free-range, vegan/vegetarian and local – depending on your needs. They do great finger food, plus buffet menus and working lunches. Very flexible and friendly.
- Innovations (can offer organic, vegetarian or gluten-free)
This is a mainstream catering company with an eco-twist. They offer most services and will source organic etc on request. Especially recommended for larger or special events needing stunning catering with an eco-twist. Beautiful presentation!
- The Hidden Pantry (eco-catering)
The ethos at The Hidden Pantry is quite different to other caterers, or any business really. We take sustainability seriously. We take good food seriously. And we love to be of service.Our food is good for you, and thoughtful for the planet whilst being affordable and delivered in a warm and professional manner. We would love to support your event or organisation to become one of the most sustainable in Australia, just by the choice of your food, by choosing The Hidden Pantry as your preferred caterer.
- Panorama Catering
Caterer which uses a holistic approach to all levels of business by way of incorporating sustainable and best management practices. They support: fair trade, aquaculture, organic principles and bio-dynamics and do some amazing social justice / charity stuff in the community. Chef-run, seriously amazing food. Can be very theatrical!
- The Raw Kitchen raw food workshops and mobile catering trailer
- The Organic Circle
Offer a range of catering options for events & private functions. Catering is 100% Organic- Vegan/Vegetarian, Raw Vegan & Gluten Free.
- Chez Jean-Claude Patisserie
Brings to Perth ‘The Swiss Art of Baking’, offering an extensive variety of exquisite Swiss pastries, bread, cakes and sandwiches that can be ordered through their new online ordering system.
- Eco Eats Catering
Eco Eats provide catering services that are healthy and eco-friendly.
- List of Organic Retailers in Perth
Consider sourcing recycled event requirements and recycle your materials afterwards.
- Environment House
- WARFA renewable fuels
- Eco Shop Perth
- One Earth Outlet
- Eco at home
- Urban Revolution
- Flora & Fauna
- Earth to Life
- The Raw Kitchen Zero Stores
100% plastic free shop
All products are made with natural materials like leather bags/wallets, skincare.
A not-for-profit organisation working to eradicate poverty. Products at Oxfam shops are handmade products from all around the world.
- Ginger B
Luxurious eco-friendly gifts
Non-toxic skincare, vegan soy candles, organic herbal tea and botanical perfume.
- Limon Day Spa
Facial to massages using certified organic and all natural products at their spa
- The Little Shop of Plenty
From macramé rope jewellery and pot plant hangings, to the Pure Home ody and Black Chicken skincare range
Most households have an unsolved Rubiks Cube but you can esily solve it with this guide learning a few algorithms.
Eco Party Supplies
Learn more about Green Stamp Program within the printing industry.
Promoting your Event
Send your event details to these promotional avenues
- WACOSS e-newsletter for events related to the community sector and social justice
- Perth Green Events – any eco / sustainability-related events
- Facebook Event
- Community Radio
- Tourism Australia
Listing events for free on Australian Tourism Data Warehouse to be featured in state and territory tourism organisation websites.
- For a general list of how to promote your event online in Perth,click here to request a free copy
e-ticketing is more efficient and automated, along with saving paper and postage